Thursday, October 28, 2010

Terra Incognita video by Juliette Lewis

Look out for actress turned rocker Juliette Lewis's new video for "Terra Incognita". "Terra Incognita means unknown territory and I wanted - needed - to go there. Not everybody wants to. But I got no one to answer to, so why not feed the muse?" 
Juliette Lewis


The music video is all about an agressive stance. "I do love the symbolism of fighting," Lewis tells Spinner. "The art of it, taking your hits, taking your licks, getting up again - it's a central theme to me as an artist, especially being a crossover act, coming from film into rock 'n' roll. This is the first time we touch upon that uphill battle." 

As the video advances, it concentrates more on concert video footage from her own latest tours along with mix martial arts fighters and avarietyof extras she rounded up via Twitter and Facebook. "This has been one of the joys in creating music. It's grassroots," she says. "The audience and artist, we feed each other. It's a dynamic I've really been hungering for."

"I want to be the f---ing antithesis to all the f---ing pop tarts, to Lady Gaga and somebody who works with a pound of makeup and the costumes," she says. "Yeah, I work with costumes, but it should be raw. I like the idea of instead of promoting sex, you're promoting strength and vitality." 

So, enjoy and leave a comment if you like it!


You can find the video HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment